There are a few ways to sell used tires. Here’s what you’ll need to get started.
- Get Tire Specs – find out the exact tire size, make and model. The tire size looks something like “225/50/R16 91H”, representing section width (“225”), sidewall aspect ratio (“50”), internal construction (“R”), diameter (“16), and speed rating (“91H”).
- Check Tire Condition – carefully examine tires for punctures or excessive wear.
- Measure Tread – Hold a piece of paper to the deepest recess of the tire. Mark it and measure using a ruler. Generally, a tire with half its life left should be priced at half the cost.
- Take Pictures – take pictures from front, side and angle perspectives. Include a picture showing tire tread depth as well.
- Finally – Advertise! You can call up local tire shops or sell your tires online. Post an ad on general classified ads sites like Kijiji or Craigslist as well as used tires classifieds ads sites like TireHound.ca.
Good luck! And feel free to let us know if you need help selling your used tires!